Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Caption Contest #12 Winners!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010
4 comments
At that very moment Bill realized brown would have been a much better color choice for the Bird Boxers.

Congratulations to Erik for his winning caption. Erik, please drop me a note with your mailing address and to whom you'd like the Bird Watching For Dummies book inscribed.

Some other really funny entries:
Unhinged Pastor - Lee Hoy said...Unfortunately for Larry, the greased Rhino contest did not go as planned.

Seabrooke said... As Bob lowered the camera, he had time to think exactly 1.5 words, which were "Oh sh-". (For those of you who were curious, the rest of the sentence he didn't have time to think was "oot, the battery just died.")

Avimor Birder said...
"Nice to meet you Bill. I'll be performing your colonoscopy today."

tobybeauregard said... "Hakuna Matata...means no worries.

I was kind of surprised that no one built onto Avimor Birder's entry and invoked the word rhinoplasty (or rhinoplaster), but then maybe it's only my sick mind that drifts in that direction.

All the entries were great—thanks for playing!

4 comments:

On March 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM Birding is Fun! said...

My vote was for Erik's entry too. That was hilarious!

On March 4, 2010 at 5:39 AM Erik said...

Whoa. Unexpected. Big thanks to Bill. This will be my first signed book.

I admit I was partial to Seabrooke's entry.

On March 4, 2010 at 9:00 AM Bill of the Birds said...

Yeah, me too, Erik. Congrats on the win! It's never easy to choose a single winner.

On March 5, 2010 at 11:41 PM Seabrooke said...

Enjoyed all the entries, it would've been hard to settle on one. Congratulations to Erik! I'm pretty stoked just to have made the runners-up list. :)


[BACK TO TOP]