Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Hillbilly in Piccadilly Circus

Tuesday, August 21, 2007
8 comments

Dear BOTB Readers:

My apologies for the gap in posts here at Bill of the Birds. Geez, I get a swank new header for the BOTB blog homepage and immediately abandon my post. In fact, I fled the country.

I've spent the past six days in the UK attending the British Birdwatching Fair. While there, when I had Internet access, I did not have me bloody laptop with me. And when . . . well, you know the story, mate. I should just shut me ol' piehole and get back to bloggin'.

The BirdFair was great, the people friendly, the pubs quaint, and the weather, well the weather was quintessentially English--mostly rainy and cool.

I'll have a few posts to share about the BirdFair, but until then, I'll leave you with a photo taken of a hillbilly in Piccadilly Circus, deep in the heart of London.

Cheers!

BOTB

8 comments:

On August 21, 2007 at 12:47 PM Rondeau Ric said...

I can see how this could have turned into an international incident. They didn't let you drive did they?

On August 21, 2007 at 1:11 PM Bill of the Birds said...

No, I had a driver for the entire trip so Merry Olde England was safe from my NASCAR-like driving technique.

On August 21, 2007 at 1:22 PM Trixie said...

Hmmm...your title sounds like a cast off from a Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court. Did you see any birds while there? Or just birders?

On August 21, 2007 at 2:34 PM Susan Gets Native said...

How mush does YOUR life suck? In the UK. Jeez.
Geoff and I went there on our honeymoon, and right where you are standing, I think, is where we almost got hit by a double-decker bus. It was fabulous.

On August 21, 2007 at 4:41 PM mon@rch said...

If you need someone to take over your road trips to other countries, tropical forest, etc.. while you are blogging, my hand is up!

On August 21, 2007 at 8:20 PM Corey said...

I knew there was something different...love the new header!

On August 22, 2007 at 1:53 PM Mary said...

You always make me laugh! I like the new header.

On August 22, 2007 at 2:35 PM Born Again Bird Watcher said...

[irony] I know that traveling to the largest birding event in the world is rough duty, but somehow I know you'll soldier through [/irony]

When you get back, just in case things are too quiet, I've tagged you into the seven question birding meme: http://www.bornagainbirdwatcher.com/2007/08/seven-birding-question-meme.html.

Cheers mate!


[BACK TO TOP]