Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Song in My Head

Tuesday, November 14, 2006
5 comments

The Song in My Head is:
Stranger Things
by Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians
from the album by the same name.

The new Edie Brickell & New Bohemians album is sweet. Definitely not the same old dreck we hear so often on the radio. I've always loved Edie B's music. Have had a 'thing' for her, you might say. Something about that Texas accent and the poppiness of her songs. I saw her with the band once back in my Baltimore days in the late 80s. Then she became Mrs. Paul Simon and I lost track of la Edie. It was as though she just evaporated.

She re-emerged a year or so ago with a stellar solo album Volcano and now she's back in my regular ear rotation. I'm glad she's still making such great music. And it's pleasing to hear the band is still as tight as ever.

Stranger Things starts with a fabulous fuzz guitar riff and gets better from there. Really simple lyrics push things ahead, which is the only way forward.

And the minute you get what you want you don't know what you want anymore.
And the minute you want to hold on, you let go. . .


The entire album is well worth a long listen. Check it out, my peeps. Special thanx to mi amiga fina Lisa for sharing the hot scoop on Edie's latest.

5 comments:

On November 14, 2006 at 8:36 PM Anonymous said...

I love your photographs!!

On November 14, 2006 at 9:29 PM LauraHinNJ said...

I used to really like her, too.

Thanks for the heads up!

On November 14, 2006 at 10:04 PM Susan Gets Native said...

I dug her big time, back in the day.
Mrs. PAUL SIMON? THE Paul Simon? She married HIM? Where the Hell have I been?

On November 15, 2006 at 8:20 AM Bill of the Birds said...

Susan:
Yep she married the tiny tunesmith and had some kids.

On April 25, 2022 at 6:18 AM Emily said...

song ringtone mp3 is one of the sites that provide mp3 songs that are updated quickly.


[BACK TO TOP]