Tuesday, November 7, 2006

All Around Us, Change

Tuesday, November 7, 2006
4 comments

Change is in the air today
if we care to admit as much
where summer's meadow once bloomed fair
and fall's fancy dress waved in the wind
chill winter shares her death embrace
'til spring begins it all again

Old leaves once full of sun-fed life
whisper as they blow away
what secrets do they try to share
I cannot divine today
was it a word of caution spoken
to warn of hard, cold days ahead
or was it just a parting nod
before spring's promises and ground are broken

All around us change is flowing, friend
and Earth spins yet we feel it not
the full winter moon's sarcastic smile
a vision last spring I forgot
as gravity holds fast our feet
the seasons never stop their show
for nature cannot suffer standing still
yet we struggle with the letting go.

4 comments:

On November 8, 2006 at 9:35 AM Anonymous said...

Did you write that Bill? It's really nice. Our Minnesota winters are pretty long but I wouldn't trade away our weather changes.

On November 8, 2006 at 11:35 AM Rondeau Ric said...

I am never sure what to say about your poetry.
I know so little about the subject.

I do know that I really like this one.

Well done.

On November 8, 2006 at 11:51 AM Bill of the Birds said...

Thanks guys. I just write down whatever thoughts make their stumbling way across my lumpy frontal lobes.

On November 8, 2006 at 4:00 PM Anonymous said...

asi es perfecto.


[BACK TO TOP]