Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Birds of Shawnee

Tuesday, May 2, 2006
1 comments
Red-phase eastern screech-owl in a nest cavity near the Shawnee cabins.

The birding at the OOS conference last weekend was totally fab, even without a major influx of migrants just passing through. I was leading trips on Saturday and Sunday, so only the most cooperative birds got their pictures taken (after all trip participants got to ogle the bird through my scope, I tried to snap a frame or two).

Low light on Sunday made getting sharply focused pictures nearly impossible, bit that never stops me from taking crummy photographs.

Here are a few of my least crummy photos.
This Louisiana waterthrush scolded us for walking near his stream.

When do wood thrushes actually perch high and in the open? When it's a male looking for love.

My best bird image of the weekend: a male indigo bunting in a tulip poplar along Pond Lick Road.

1 comments:

On May 3, 2006 at 9:41 AM Endment said...

O-h-h-h-h wonderful birds!
I am waiating for the arrival of the waterthrush and the bunting.


[BACK TO TOP]