Thursday, February 16, 2006

Big Weather Coming

Thursday, February 16, 2006
3 comments
The sky, not long after dusk this evening, from the big meadow at Indigo Hill, looking west.

We've got very unstable air here in SE Ohio tonight. The wind is gusty, swirling from all directions across our ridgetop, and making our house creak in strange new ways. It's still balmy outside, but we're slated to get a 25-degree temperature drop tonight. Hope the woodcock does not arrive early. He'll be sorry.

And his earthworms will be so cold, they'll be crunchy.

Hope he (and his buddies) wait until their normal arrival date of February 19.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Song in My Head tonight is:
The World at Large by Modest Mouse

This is, sin duda, one of the catchiest pop songs I've heard in many moons.

My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth....

3 comments:

On February 17, 2006 at 3:12 PM Rondeau Ric said...

My head tune of the day

Suzan Vega - Tom's Diner

On February 17, 2006 at 6:40 PM slo birder said...

This is not related to Julie's NPR commentary, but I recently moved to Europe (Belgium) and would be interested in starting a group called "birdwatchers abroad". Any ideas/thoughts on how one might go about doing something like this? And why aren't the backyard bird counts synchronized worldwide? In N.A. they're two weeks later than in Europe!

On February 17, 2006 at 11:33 PM Bill of the Birds said...

Hi Courtenay. I feel as though I know you through your Kent pal Laura.
I suggest you post something on www.birdforum.net, which seems to be the most active birding forum on the Web--lots of users from all over, lots of info exchanged. It's free and pretty easy to use.
If you get your group launched, let me know and I'll give it a pop here and via my other channels.
Hope we get to meet some day!
Until then, peace!

BT3


[BACK TO TOP]